Would it help if I set up a separate github project for this sFlow encoding
C code?  Then we could make it easier to incorporate in OVS by fixing the
whitespace and indentation issues there, and maybe change all the "time_t"
variables to uint32_t to save unnecessary headaches like these.  (We could
also shrink it by removing hooks that were only added to support an SNMP
control MIB that OVS does not have or need.)

The library has evolved only a little since it was copy-pasted into OVS a
while ago,  but the latest variant of it is the one that is part of the
host-sflow project here:
https://github.com/sflow/host-sflow/tree/master/src/sflow
This version has a more efficient XDR encoding scheme, and it supports the
new packet-drop-notification extension to sFlow.  It would certainly
benefit from having the scrutiny of the OVS project brought to bear,  so
let me know if you think a separate github project would be usable.

I don't even know if OVS now uses a "subproject" mechanism or not,  so
maybe the idea is moot.

Regards,
Neil

------