If there is no or minimal overhead of adding an LR or restricting the routing
to LR, then perhaps keeping that logical separation makes sense. I think the
design we evaluate or look at has to focus very tightly on performance as any
non-trivial forwarding performance impact will affect the adoption of the
solution.

Regards
Gurpreet