On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 12:46 AM, Bolesław Tokarski
<boleslaw.tokar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found that IPsec - GRE tunnel-ports support was deprecated in OVS 2.6 and
> removed from 2.7/master recently
> (https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-git/2016-September/018774.html)

I think that the title of that patch is slightly misleading. It should
have been simply "Remove ovs-monitor-ipsec from OVS" and not "Allow
external IPsec tunnel management", because external IPsec tunnel
management was already possible before that patch by simply not
installing openvswitch-ipsec package and letting administrator to
populate IPsec configuration files manually.

> I am yet to come across a good guide on how to set up an OVS IPsec-GRE
> tunnel port alternative. Most guides are either for site-to-site IPsec
> tunnels, or for OVS GRE tunnels.

Such guides in details wold be on strongSwan, racoon, OpenSwan or
libreswan project sites. However, if you are interested you can take a
peek at this link -
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@openvswitch.org/msg46915.html - and
extract what the ovs-monitor-ipsec daemon would set in ipsec.conf and
ipsec.secrets file.

If you are ok to skip this particular OVS 2.7 version, then I plan to
reintroduce ovs-monitor-ipsec daemon in the next one. It was abruptly
removed because it was decided that ovs-monitor-ipsec can't have a
hard coded bit of skb_mark because it interferes with OpenFlow
skb_mark match.