Hi,

I am wondering is it possible to do "selective" packet mirroring. From
previous question, I learnt how to enable port mirror on OVS port but I
think that I should do "selective" packet mirroring since performance issue.

So, basically, I want to enable some sort of "filter" and want to mirror
only specific filter. (like ARP, DHCP...)

Basically, I created tap interface by using linux TUN module and want to
send those packet to tap and make user-space application to listen it.

Tried "actions" with multiple destination but, what I really want is kind
of "mirror" type of thing - send an original packet to regular L2
forwarding module and send a copied packet to "TAP" interface. (Tried
actions=normal,output:tap0 but doesn't work).

In this case any good solution? any filter is available on ovs-vsctl
command(I tried to find but only "port option" is available) or should I
send the packet to specific "table" first by specifying actions (like
actions=table0,tap0) and in that table, should send the original packet to
l2 module(normal) ??

Please share your experience / knowledge with me.

Thanks in advance!!!

Best regards,

- yongseok