From: Advith Nagappa
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 11:35 PM
To: Yi Tseng
Cc: discuss
Subject: Re: [ovs-discuss] VM-VM-VM communication via OVS

Hello,

I meant VM1 - VM2(ovs) - VM3..

Yes, the host is Linux.

 The VMs are already connected without the OVS

I want to create a topology such that communication goes via OVS in VM3.

On Mar 29, 2017 01:03, "Yi Tseng" <a86487...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

You mean:
VM1 -- VM2(with ovs) -- VM3 ?
or
VM1 -- ovs -- VM2 -- ovs -- VM3

I assume that your host system is Linux
You can create veth pairs.
And attach veth interfaces to VMs and ovs.
-Yi

> On Mar 28, 2017, at 3:48 AM, Advith Nagappa <advith.naga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello All,
>
> Is it possible to link 2 guest VMS, via another guest VM using OVS bridge?
>
> Is anyone aware of any resource/doc covering this scenario?

I don't understand the deployment scenario that you're describing.  However,
OVS can connect VMs in arbitrary topologies.

--Justin

Yi Tseng (a.k.a Takeshi)
Taiwan National Chiao Tung University
Department of Computer Science