On 1 June 2017 at 01:19, Santhosh Alladi <santhosh.all...@nxp.com> wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
> In our solution, we are not using the linux vxlan driver, rather we are
> having our own vxlan driver in our accelerator. So, for an accelerator which
> is connected via dpif, how can we get the tunnel information for
> decapsulating the packets?
>
> Also, can you brief me how will the vxlan device get the tunnel information
> to decap the packet if the COLLECT_METADATA mode is enabled?

Based on what I see in the Linux implementation, I'd expect that your
vxlan driver's receive path should receive encapsulated vxlan packets
so should have direct access to the relevant information. It is then
responsible for extracting the metadata, decapsulating the packet,
then providing it to the OVS processing path in the form it expects.
If you're plugging into regular OVS kernel module, this should be
metadata_dst attached to skb. By the time it gets up to the dpif
layer, it should appear as a list of ovs_tunnel_key_attrs in the
netlink-formatted key.