> On Jun 7, 2017, at 7:59 AM, Nam Bong Ha <over3...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, all :)
>

> Why do port numbers continue to change when I configure ovs with openstack?
>

> I want to fix the port number of the int-br-wan of br-int(bridge)
>

> However, the port number of int-br-wan continues to increase (55 ... 58 ...
> 60 ... 62 ... 1070)
>

> I tried the following command but it was useless.
>
> $ ovs-vsctl - set Interface int-br-wan ofport_request = 19
>

> I used openstack to configure the environment as follows.
>
> openvswitch v2.0.2

-- Please don't cross-post. --

According to the documentation:

      ofport_request: optional integer, in range 1 to 65,279
             Requested OpenFlow port number for this interface.

             A client should ideally set this  column’s  value  in  the  same
             database  transaction that it uses to create the interface. Open
             vSwitch version 2.1 and later will honor a later request  for  a
             specific  port  number,  althuogh  it  might  confuse  some con‐
             trollers: OpenFlow does not have a way to announce a port number
             change,  so  Open  vSwitch represents it over OpenFlow as a port
             deletion followed immediately by a port addition.

             If ofport_request is set or changed to some other  port’s  auto‐
             matically  assigned port number, Open vSwitch chooses a new port
             number for the latter port.

You didn't set it in the same transaction.  It should stick after a reboot, but
it's unclear what you're doing exactly.  If you want to make it work the first
time, I'd make sure that it's done in the same transaction that created the
port and that another port doesn't already have the same OpenFlow port number.

---Justin