Hello Xiao,

> On Jul 29, 2017, at 11:30 PM, Xiao Liang <shaw.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I've encountered some problems building a controller with
> libopenvswitch in C++. Although they can be solved by some hacks, I
> want to know if OVS is meant to be used in such case.

I don’t think there are very many consumers of libopenvswitch.  It was only
added a year and a half ago, and is rarely mentioned in discussions.  The
exportability of OVS is definitely geared towards C (and, in my case golang),
so it’s more likely the case that people simply weren’t thinking about C++ at
the time.
> 1. In include/openvswitch, some headers are wrapped with 'extern "C"'
> (e.g. ofpbuf.h), while some are not (e.g. ofp-util.h).
> 2. The identifier "public" in "struct ofputil_packet_in_private"
> conflicts with C++ keyword. Not sure if there're others.
> 3. Private and public declarations (like the
> ofputil_packet_in_private) could be separated to different files. Also
> some more APIs (like rconn) could be extracted from lib directory?

I expect that the maintainers would accept patches to make the code more C++
friendly, as long as you don’t break the C/golang support.  I can test the
latter.
> Thanks,
> Xiao

regards,