Hi Ben,

We looked a bit closer at this problem, and turns out the packet header
size we were getting back from Ryu wasn't what we were expecting. We're now
calculating this correctly ourselves (instead of relying on Ryu) which
removes the need for disabling the IP header length check in the tutorial
(I've send another patch towards d...@openvswitch.org that does this).

As for being able to inject payload into ofproto/trace generated packets I
think this would be quite useful for folks like us. We are looking at
moving our test suite to using ofproto/trace to generate packets (instead
of scapy) for throwing at test scenarios because it's considerably more
lightweight and we are already using openvswitch as the core of our test
suite.

Brad