It is a fresh install, not an upgrade.

uname -a
Linux overcloud-ovscompute-1 3.10.0-862.9.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Jul 16
16:29:36 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

We have wanted to switch to native firewall since 2.8 but can not do that
because of multiple reports of TCP packet drop with the native firewall,
observed by VNF either in the form of control plane message retransmission or
in the form of TCP throughput degradataion .

But this is the first time we have nailed down a specific packet drop scenario
that we can easily reproduce in our own lab, this time the customer is using
our latest lineup which is ovs 2.9.

Jing

From: Gregory Rose <gvrose8...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2018 4:08 PM
To: Zhang, Jing C. (Nokia - CA/Ottawa) <jing.c.zh...@nokia.com>;
b...@openvswitch.org
Subject: Re: [ovs-discuss] OVS 2.9.0 native firewall drops empty payload TCP
packets

On 8/27/2018 6:20 AM, Zhang, Jing C. (Nokia - CA/Ottawa) wrote:
We have customers reporting sluggish HTTP download with OVS 2.9.0. After
debugging, we find the issue is OVS 2.9.0 native firewall drops TCP control
packets (TCP ACK) with empty payload. The issue can be avoided by either
reverting back to the legacy Linux bridge firewall or enabling TCP timestamp at
both HTTP server and client sides.
$ ovs-vswitchd --version
ovs-vswitchd (Open vSwitch) 2.9.0
DPDK 17.11.0
openvswitch-2.9.0-3.el7.x86_64

While I'm setting up to reproduce this could you let me know if this is
something that just started happening
on a system without any changes to the underlying system configuration or
operating system?  Or was there
a recent upgrade of the kernel or OVS?

What is the output of uname -a?

Thanks,