On 31 August 2018 at 08:05, Ben Pfaff <b...@ovn.org> wrote:

> > Well, that wouldn't be too hard, I guess.  It's too bad that there's no
> > way with a Table Features Request to just modify *some* of the
> > properties of a table (such as the name).  I guess that Faucet would
> > have to spit back at OVS all the capabilities that OVS says it supports,
> > and then OVS would have to verify that it was actually the same.  That
> > seems a little prone to error, but probably we could get it right.
>
> It was more work than I expected (what isn't?) but I did finish it:
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/list/?series=63372
> or
> https://github.com/blp/ovs-reviews/tree/multipart-requests2

Perfect,

We had a play internally with mod-table and it seems to work.
We are a little swamped at faucet at the moment due to some
impending deployment deadlines but I have raised a feature
request against faucet to use the new code:

https://github.com/faucetsdn/faucet/issues/2420

I have also submitted a patch upstream for updating the faucet
tutorial, do let me know if you want any changes!

https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2018-September/352046.html

Brad