On 1/7/2019 1:33 PM, txfh2007 via discuss wrote:
Hi all:
     I am running ovs with dpdk(version: ovs: 2.10.1,  dpdk:17.11.4), and the ovs bridge
topo is as below, I have found a problem when I add dpdk port or delete this port, the
command is "ovs-vsctl add-port br-prv dpdk0 -- set Interface dpdk0 type=dpdk
,after add dpdk port, the ovs-vswitchd process crashes.The gdb trace results show
when add dpdk port on bridge br-prv, the 'connmgr_send_port_status' has been
called, but the ofconn->protocol is unknown, then the process aborted. When I
delete this port on br-prv, ovs-vswitchd also crashes, gdb trace result is below.
     Can anyone tell me if I was wrong, and what should I do to solve this
problem.
     Many thanks!!

       Bridge br-prv
         Controller "tcp:127.0.0.1:6633"
             is_connected: true
         fail_mode: secure
         Port phy-br-prv
             Interface phy-br-prv
                 type: patch
         Port br-prv
             Interface br-prv
                 type: internal

I've tried but failed to replicate this on my own system using OVS 2.10.1 and DPDK 17.11.4. A few queries that could help root cause the issue below.

Could you provide the log output from OVS in your deployment?

What type of HW is the DPDK device you are attempting to attach to br-prv?

Is it just HW DPDK ports that fail to add? Do you see the same issue if you add and configure a vhost-user DPDK port?

Could you provide any other commands you are using to configure br-prv (controller and fail mode commands).

Are you able to attach the DPDK device if you strip back the configuration to a simple 1 bridge and 1 DPDK port (no controller, patch ports or other bridges).

Regards
Ian