On 4/29/2019 12:21 AM, Aitor Zabala Orive wrote:

Hi,

We are currently working with OVS in order to be capable of routing traffic through different interfaces connecting to the internet. In order to maintain private ip addressing we are using gre tunnel OVS implementation. However, we are incapable of binding GRE tunnels to specific network interfaces, where tunneled traffic should be forwarded and finally egress. Once traffic egress the gre Openflow port in the OVS, it seems it uses Linux routing table to forward the traffic to the corresponding network interface. Under this situation, we are incapable of using gre ports in OVS to load balance traffic matched in the OVS to different interfaces, as traffic will normally use the single default route in Linux routing table.

Can anyone shine some light to this problem?

Questions like these come up often and I always try to remind and/or inform people that IP addresses in Linux belong to the system, not interfaces.  Same goes for the routing table.  Using gre ports to do load
balancing is something I've never heard of.

- Greg

Thank you in advance,

**

Aitor