Hello!

I would like to start discussion about QoS Max bandwidth support in OVN.
For now it is possible to specify qos_max_rate and qos_burst options
for LSP in Northbound DB [0].

Unfortunately it looks like the traffic shaping is not fully working.
Please check related bugs: [1], [2]. For traffic that doesn't go via
tunnel it seems that tc classes are not created. This functionality
is needed for Openstack.

On the other hand specifying QoS for LS works fine, example:
ovn-nbctl qos-add <lsp_uuid> from-lport 500 tcp rate=100 burst=100
and it affects E/W and N/S traffic.

Do you maybe consider enabling policies per port in OVN like in example [3]?
I also found some not-merged patch that covers this topic [4].

Do we have a plan about fixing policies per LSP? I believe it is needed for
Openstack and other projects.

Thanks,
Maciej

[0] http://www.openvswitch.org/support/dist-docs/ovn-nb.5.html