On 6/14/2019 11:06 AM, William Tu wrote:
On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 9:44 AM Gregory Rose <gvrose8...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 6/12/2019 2:47 PM, Gregory Rose wrote:
On 6/12/2019 2:20 AM, Eli Britstein wrote:

I started to code a support for upstream kernel. With this, the OVS
port is created, as well as the netdev Linux device. I still don't
have traffic, but I'm not sure it is not something else.

Could you please have a look (and even better try?) still need to tidy up

https://github.com/elibr-mellanox/linux/tree/ovs-ipv6-gre

I'm going to copy William Tu on this.  He has worked on the upstream
drivers to enable ERSPAN, which runs over gre.

William,

Eli is trying to implement an ip6gre vport module for upstream.  You can
see his patches at the link above.  I've never
Hi Eli,

I think the vport type is for compatibility code.
see Pravin's feedback here
https://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg458250.html
https://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg458374.html

We should add new type type using dpif-netlink-rtnl.

thought about it before but it appears there is a gap between our out of
tree ip6gre support and the upstream.  Do
you expect ip6gre to work on the upsream OVS right now or is this truly
a gap?
I think for newer kernel, OVS can use the upstream's ip6gre module.
But I never tested after 4.20 kernel.

ip6gre is definitely not working in the upstream kernel.  I'm looking into it.  I think Eli has stumbled onto a gap between
our out of tree drivers and the upstream drivers.

Thanks,

- Greg