On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 03:12:51PM -0400, Vasu Dasari wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 12:21 PM Flavio Leitner <f...@sysclose.org> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 10:41:16AM -0400, Vasu Dasari wrote:
> > > Flavio,
> > >
> > > The device(could be a regular interface) should have been added to OVS
> > with
> > > "add-port" and when it is removed, ARP entries learnt on it well be
> > removed
> > > as well.
> >
> > Not necessarily. You could have a regular kernel interface with the
> > tunnel endpoint address which is not part of an OVS bridge.
> >

> The code being added should cover that as well. Probably you can comment on
> this after you look at my code.

OK.

> > > The code is ready. Regarding, testing the code I am planning on extending
> > > already existing case where tests are performed to check ARP entry
> > > existence, like for example, "tunnel_push_pop - underlay bridge match" in
> > > tunnel-push-pop.at. I hope that is fine, or should I be writing a
> > separate
> > > unit test case?
> >
> > Usually we just add more tests to the file to cover additional
> > use-cases.
> >
> > Ok. Will add a new test case then.
>
> On another note, I see ARP neighbor add and show commands. This covers L3
> side. For L2 side, I see fdb show command, but there is no set command. I
> would like to add that one also. Any comments?
>
> Current fdb show:
> ovs-appctl fdb/show s1
>
> Proposed CLI for fdb/set operation would look like:
> ovs-appctl fdb/set s1 2 0 00:00:01:00:00:02
>
> What do you think?

One could add a flow to match on specific MAC and send out on a
specific port as an alternative solution which is not possible to
regular bridges.

On another hand, for use cases where the flow table last action is
NORMAL, then having static entries might be interesting because
today the FDB has only learned packets which expire/update
dynamically. You also need a way to remove specific static entries
because flushing the whole table has non trivial networking side
effects.

If you want to pursue that too, I suggest to do as a separate
patchset to not mix bug fixes with enhancements.

fbl