Hi:

It is a known fact and have-been discussed before. We use the same
workaround as you mentioned. Alternatively, you can also set role="" and it
will work for both northd and ovn-controller instead of separate listeners
which is also a security loop-hole. In short, some work is needed here
to handle rbac for northd.