The Strongswan configs put in /etc/strongswan.d/ovs.conf cause Strongswan to
fail.

What you did that make the problem appear?
 - I upgraded Strongswan from 5.6.0 to 5.8.2

What you expected to happen?
 - Everything was supposed to work as it used to.

What actually happened?
 - openvswitch-ipsec failed to launch charon from strognswan
 - manually running /usr/lib/ipsec/starter --daemoncharon produces:

/etc/strongswan.d/ovs.conf:4: syntax error, unexpected ., expecting : or '{' or
'=' [.]
invalid config file '/etc/strongswan.conf'
abort initialization due to invalid configuration

I traced the error and managed to fix it with
https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/pull/315
I tested this to work also on Strongswan 5.6.0.

Best regards,
Bolesław Tokarski
Jolla Ltd