Hello Han, Dumitru, Numan, and others,

As per OVN architecture documentation, `join` logical switch is exclusively
used to connect the gateway routers to distributed routers. So, all the
ports connected to the join switch are ‘router’ logical_switch_ports. Now,

   1.

   Say a packet arrives on the gateway router and is meant for a VM behind
   a logical switch. We lookup the routing table, determine the nexthop, find
   the destination MAC address for the nexthop IP from lr_in_arp_resolve table
   and send the packet out towards the distributed router.

   1.

   On the other direction, the packet from a VM towards 8.8.8.8 arrives at
   the distributed router. We lookup the routing table, determine the nexhop,
   find the destination MAC address for the nexthop IP lfrom lr_in_arp_resolve
   table and send the packet out towards the gateway router.

>From (a) and (b) above, at least on the Join switch, we should never see
any ‘ARP requests at all, right? If this is the case, then the whole
ls_in_arp_rsp table for the join switch can be just

  table=13(ls_in_arp_rsp      ), priority=0    , match=(1), action=(next;)

Any thoughts?

In a 1000 Node K8s cluster, there are around 12K Logical Flows for `join`
switch.  Out of which, 6K Logical flows are from table=13 and none of those
flows are being used. I am trying to see if we can optimize this path.

Regards,

~Girish