Got it, thanks!

Tony

On Jul 23, 2020 4:19 PM, Han Zhou <hz...@ovn.org> wrote:

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 4:12 PM <tonyliu0...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Han for the quick confirmation!
> That says, when changes was made into nb-db, ovn-northd doesn't recompile the whole db, instead, it only updates the increment into sb-db. I am currently running some scaling test and seeing 100% CPU usage, hence asking.

Oh, no. The talk was about "OVN-controller", which is the component running on hypervisors, to translate SB data into OVS flows, and this has been implemented (although not all scenarios are incrementally processed). For ovn-northd, it runs on central node to convert data from NB to SB DB, and it is not incremental yet with incremental processing, so it is expected to see 100% CPU. There is currently a work ongoing for ovn-northd incremental processing, with DDlog, by Ben and Leonid.