I'm deploying ovsdb-server (and only ovsdb-server) in K8S as a StatefulSet:

https://github.com/openstack-k8s-operators/dev-tools/blob/master/ansible/files/ocp/ovn/ovsdb.yaml

I'm going to replace this with an operator in due course, which may
make the following simpler. I'm not necessarily constrained to only
things which are easy to do in a StatefulSet.

I've noticed an issue when I kill all 3 pods simultaneously: it is no
longer possible to start the cluster. The issue is presumably one of
quorum: when a node comes up it can't contact any other node to make
quorum, and therefore can't come up. All nodes are similarly affected,
so the cluster stays down. Ignoring kubernetes, how is this situation
intended to be handled? Do I have to it to a single-node deployment,
convert that to a new cluster and re-bootstrap it? This wouldn't be
ideal. Is there any way, for example, I can bring up the first node
while asserting to that node that the other 2 are definitely down?

Thanks,

Matt
--
Matthew Booth