Hi!  I've been talking to folks at Red Hat and elsewhere about this
year's OVS and OVN conference.  Here is a draft of a CFP.  I am asking
for your feedback.

Thanks,

Ben.

-8<--------------------------cut here-------------------------->8--

Subject: OVS+OVN '20: Call for Participation

The Open vSwitch and OVN projects will host their seventh annual
conference focused on Open vSwitch and OVN Dec. 7 to 11, 2020.  We are
seeking long and short ("lightning") talks on topics related to Open
vSwitch and OVN.  We expect long talks to last 20 minutes with an
additional 5 minutes for questions, and short talks to last 7 minutes
with 3 minutes for questions.  We are also seeking proposals for
30-minute live panel discussions led by a moderator.

We will use an online format.  Talks will be prerecorded and played
during the conference.  During the playback, text chat will give the
attendees and the presenters an opportunity to interact.  During the
question period, the presenters will answer questions live over audio
(and video, at the persenters' discretion).  Video will also be
available for offline viewing.

Since presenters and attendees will not be in a single location, time
zones are a question.  We intend to conduct a survey of attendees and
presenters to determine the best times for everyone involved.  We
might decide to present some talks at different times, if attendees
are interested and presenters are willing.

The conference will be free this year.

Topics
------

Topics that may be considered, among others, include:

 * The future of Open vSwitch (e.g., AF_XDP, P4, eBPF).

 * NAT, DPI, and stateful processing with Open vSwitch.

 * Deploying and using OVN.

 * Testing and scaling OVN.

 * NIC acceleration of Open vSwitch.

 * Using Open vSwitch to realize NFV and service chaining.

 * Porting Open vSwitch to new operating systems, hypervisors,
   or container systems.

 * Integrating Open vSwitch into larger systems.

 * Troubleshooting and debugging Open vSwitch installations.

 * Open vSwitch development and testing practices.

 * Performance measurements or approaches to improving
   performance.

 * End-user or service provider experiences with Open vSwitch.

 * Hardware ports of Open vSwitch (existing, in progress, or
   speculative).

 * The relationship between OpenFlow and Open vSwitch.

 * Using, developing, or administering OpenFlow controllers in
   conjunction with Open vSwitch.

 * Comparisons to other implementations of features found in
   Open vSwitch (e.g. other OpenFlow implementations, other
   software switches, etc.).

 * Increasing the size and diversity of the Open vSwitch user
   and developer base.

 * Tutorials and walkthroughs of use cases.

 * Demos.

How to propose a talk
---------------------

We are soliciting proposals for full talks and short ("lightning")
talks in a single round.  You may propose a talk as a full talk, a
lightning talk, or for either one at the committee's discretion.

We will also accept proposals for live panel discussions with a
moderator.  Please make it clear in the description that it is a
panel.

Please submit proposals to ovs...@openvswitch.org.  Proposals should
include:

        * Title and abstract.

        * Speaker names, email addresses, and affiliations.

        * Whether you are proposing a full talk, a lightning talk,
          either one at the committee's discretion, or a panel
          discussion.

        * For a panel discussion, a list of panelists.

Important Dates

* Deadline for proposals: October 16.

* Notification of acceptance: October 30.

* Conference: December 7-11.

More information