Hi, newbie here.

I find in various articles online that openvswitch has a database and the
configuration there is persistent accross reboots. But when I reboot (debian
buster 10.5) the configuration is lost.

In the README.Debian i find that configuration is made persistent via
configuration in /etc/network/interfaces ... however I use systemd networking
and i want to make use of the openvswitch documentation that makes use of
ovs-vsctl commands all the time and i dont want to figure out how to
transscribe that into debian network configuration file syntax.

How can I use the db persistence of openvswitch?

I googled and read the ovs-discuss archive but didnt find a straight answer.
Some initfile was mentioned that i could not find as part of the debian
packages - just debians /etc/init.d/openvswitch-switch file.