Ben,

Thanks for the response.

I expect the Learning event to come to the controller when a "learn"
happens. In this case(as in tutorial), when a learn event happens, a new
mac entry is added to table 10. Controller just needs to know that a learn
event happened on this {port, Mac, Vlan}. This information is sufficiently
populated in new flow information being added to table "10". So, I am
leaning towards using a flow-monitoring on the table to see when an entry
is added or removed to rely on MAC entry got added or removed to the
switching pipeline.

"learn" action has options like "limit" which limits number of entries
added to a table, "send_flow_rem" which tells the controller when a flow is
removed, etc. All these flags are applied on top of the flows that are
added. I was hoping to see an option like "send_flow_add" which tells the
controller when a flow is added. Maybe this could be an enhancement to
"learn" action. What do you think?

Thanks
-Vasu

*Vasu Dasari*