This may be because of docker enviroment,After I disable docker ,an use nomal
linux enviroment,problem solve.

发送自 Windows 10 版邮件<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>应用

发件人: Han Zhou<mailto:hz...@ovn.org>
发送时间: 2020年12月4日 16:31
收件人: jre l<mailto:pdo2...@hotmail.com>
抄送: ovs-discuss@openvswitch.org<mailto:ovs-discuss@openvswitch.org>
主题: Re: [ovs-discuss] ovn cpu high load problem

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 11:47 AM jre l
<pdo2...@hotmail.com<mailto:pdo2...@hotmail.com>> wrote:

> Dear everyone:
>
> Please help me。
>
> My ovn network running into trouble,this is a 250 client openstack+ovn
> network,every time I make any change on network ,such as creating a
> instance,the ovs-dbserver cpu went to 100%,and traffic grows to 1Gb/s, did I
> meet a BUG?
>

> Here is client INFO:
>
> [root@client deploy]# rpm -qa|grep ovn
>
> openstack-neutron-ovn-metadata-agent-17.0.0-1.el8.noarch
>
> ovn2.13-20.09.0-2.el8.x86_64
>
> ovn2.13-host-20.09.0-2.el8.x86_64
>

> on client and server side CONFIG:
>
> ovs-vsctl set open . external-ids:ovn-encap-ip=10.0.1.10
>
> ovs-vsctl set open .
> external-ids:ovn-remote=tcp:10.0.1.103:6642<http://10.0.1.103:6642>,tcp:10.0.1.104:6642<http://10.0.1.104:6642>,tcp:10.0.1.105:6642<http://10.0.1.105:6642>
>
> ovs-vsctl set open . external-ids:ovn-encap-type=geneve
>
> ovs-vsctl set open . external-ids:ovn-remote-probe-interval="60000"
>
> ovs-vsctl set open . external-ids:ovn-cms-options=enable-chassis-as-gw
>

> nb show error:
>
> [root@ controller tools]# netstat -pln|grep 6641
>
> tcp        0      0 172.16.16.103:6641<http://172.16.16.103:6641>
> 0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1112883/ovsdb-serve
>

> [root@controller tools]# ovn-nbctl
> --db=tcp:172.16.16.103:6641<http://172.16.16.103:6641> show
>
> ovn-nbctl: tcp:172.16.16.103:6641<http://172.16.16.103:6641>: database
> connection failed ()

It shouldn't trigger that much traffic for just one VM creation. Are you sure
the 1G traffic is triggered during just one VM creation?
Usually if you are bootstrapping the whole environment, i.e. when all HVs
starts to connect to SB at the same time, you would see SB overloaded. After
the system calms down, it shouldn't generate that much load.

How many logical routers and logical switches do you have? If there is a big
number of LR/LS and they all connected together (e.g. through an external
provider logical switch), it is possible to trigger a big payload for monitor
condition change when a VM is created, but it won't be 1G. However, in such
scenario it is possible to create unnecessary load to SB DB, and setting the
external-ids:ovn-monitor-all=true in all the HVs may help.

Thanks,
Han