I have simple forwarding issues when running the Debian stable backports
kernel (5.9) that I don't see with the stable, non-backported 4.19 kernel.
Big fat disclaimer: I compiled my OVS (2.14.1) from source, but given it
works with the 4.19 kernel I doubt it has anything to do with it.  For good
measure, I also compiled 5.10.8 from source and see the same issue I do in
5.9.

The issue I see on 5.x (config snippets below):
My VM (vnet0 - 10.10.0.16/24) can ARP/ping for other physical hosts on its
subnet (e.g. 00:07:32:4d:2f:71 = 10.10.0.23/24 below), but only the first
echo request in a sequence is seen by the destination host.  I then have to
wait about 10 seconds before pinging the destination host from the VM
again, but again only the first echo in a sequence gets a reply.

I've tried tcpdump'ing enp0s20f1.102 (the external interface on the
hypervisor) and see the pings going out that interface at the rate I would
expect.  OTOH, when I tcpdump on the destination host, I only see the first
of the ICMP echo requests in a sequence (for which an echo reply is sent).

I then added an OVS internal port on the hypervisor (i.e., on br-util) and
gave it an IP address (10.10.2.1/24).  It is able to ping that same
external host just fine.  Likewise, I am able to ping between the VM and
the OVS internal port just fine.

When I rollback to 4.19, this weirdness about traffic going out of
enp0s20f1.102 *for the VM* goes away and everything just works.  Any clues
while I start ripping into code?

Tyler