Hi,
     Recently I encountered a TCP connection performance problem, the test tool
is Apache benchmark.
     The OVS  in my environment is set for  hardware offload solution.  The
"Requests per second" is about 6000/s, it closed to non-offload solution.

      "flow-lmit"  has a dynamic balance in udpif_revalidator, it will modify
by the OVS condition(which is pind to "duration").   In the revalidate
function, when the number of flows is greater than twice the "flow-limit" , the
delete flow operation will be triggered to delete all flows; when the number of
flows is greater than the "flow-limit", the aging time will be adjusted to
0.1s, Slowly delete flow.

     I found that the reason for the poor performance is that when the number
of flows in the datapath increases and the processing power of OVS decreases, a
large number of flow deletions are generated.
     As we know, In the hardware offloading scenario, although there are a lot
of flows, in fact, apart from the first packet, there is no need to process
subsequent packets.
     In my opinion, the dynamic balance mechanism is very necessary, but we
need to increase the value of “duration”, or provide some new switches for some
high-performance scenarios, such as hardware offloading.
     Do we still need to restrict the number of flows so strictly? By the way,
do you have another solution to resolve this?

Thanks,
Yun