On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 09:58:49PM +0200, Krzysztof Klimonda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tried the following configuration for the system-level network in the
> lab:
>

>                               +--vlan10@bond0
> ens1--+                      |
>        ---bond0 (ovs-system)--+--vlan20@bond0
> ens2--+                      |
>                               +--vlan30@bond0
>
> The idea is to plug bond0 into openvswitch so that I can add specific VLANs
> to my virtual topology, but push some of those VLANs into system without
> doing any specific configuration on the ovs side (for example, to have access
> to the management interface even if vswitchd is down).
>
> This seems to be working fine in my lab (there is access to the management
> interface - vlan10 - even when bond0 has ovs-system as master), but are there
> any drawbacks to such a configuration?

It's hard to guess how you're implementing this.  If you're doing it
with something like this:

    ovs-vsctl add-port br0 ens1
    ovs-vsctl add-port br0 ens2
    ovs-vsctl add-bond br0 bond0 ens1 ens2
    ovs-vsctl add-port br0 vlan1 tag=1 -- set interface vlan1 type=internal
    ovs-vsctl add-port br0 vlan2 tag=2 -- set interface vlan2 type=internal
    ovs-vsctl add-port br0 vlan3 tag=3 -- set interface vlan3 type=internal

then it ought to work fine.