Hi,

i am trying to interconnect two datacenterlocations.

The goal is, that IP networks, that are available (means routed) at
datacenter A should be also available on datacenter B.

Like for example:

In datacenter A we have available: 1.2.3.0/24

And a server will configure for example:

ip addr add 1.2.3.4/24 dev eth0

since 1.2.3.0/24 is routed at datacenter A, everone who pings 1.2.3.4
will reach this server.

---

In datacenter B we have: 10.10.10.0/24 available

Also here a server will configure an IP from that IP space.

---

Now i want create a tunnel between datacenter A and B.

The goal shall be, that servers in datacenter A can use IPs from
datacenter B.

So if in datacenter B a server will add:

ip addr add 1.2.3.10/24 dev eth0

It should be available to everyone.

-----------

So far, i tried my luck with ipip ( via ip command ) or gre or vxlan
tunnels via openvswitch.

The tunnels work fine.

The problem is, that no arp is relayed. So i can reach only the IPs that
i actually added on the server that created the tunnels.

But there is no arp propagation / broadcasting that is done.

I was not able to find informations how to solve this problem.

Does anyone have an idea howto solve that ?

Thank you!

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards

Oliver Dzombic
Layer7 Networks

mailto:i...@layer7.net

Anschrift: