Good afternoon,

I’m trying to use tc to experiment with the multiple QDISC’s it offers. For
that purpose I’m using mininet and by extension openvswitch. By default if I
check the queues available, only one queue is shown for both tx and rx on the
switch side for a given port.

MININET> S1 LS /SYS/CLASS/NET/S1-ETH2/QUEUES/
RX-0  TX-0

By trying to follow the documentation, I have tried in numerous ways but the
queues shown are always the same from the output above. The command I’m using
at the moment is the following:

 SUDO OVS-VSCTL SET PORT S1-ETH3 QOS=@NEWQOS -- \
            --ID=@NEWQOS CREATE QOS TYPE=LINUX_HTB \

QUEUES=0=@NEW0,1=@NEW1,2=@NEW2,3=@NEW3,4=@NEW4,5=@NEW5,6=@NEW6,7=@NEW7 -- \
            --ID=@NEW0 CREATE QUEUE \
            --ID=@NEW1 CREATE QUEUE \
            --ID=@NEW2 CREATE QUEUE \
            --ID=@NEW3 CREATE QUEUE \
            --ID=@NEW4 CREATE QUEUE \
            --ID=@NEW5 CREATE QUEUE \
            --ID=@NEW6 CREATE QUEUE \
            --ID=@NEW7 CREATE QUEUE \

Where 8 queues is of importance to my use case.

Does any one know why this happens, am I misinterpreting the documentation?
Since I will be doing the shaping with tc I don’t need to use the rate limiting
features shown in the documentation.

Thanks,
--
Santiago Torres Borda