Hi all,

If I understand correctly, OVN Logical Switches will learn MAC
addresses and store them in the FDB table only on ports with port
security disabled. If the port security is enabled on a port,
configured addresses are used instead to make forwarding decisions.

What are possible cons of having both port security, and dynamic MAC
learning? This could be nice in some situations when MAC moves between
ports, for example if VRRP is used. Such toggle flag could be
implemented on a logical switch-basis, to prevent unecessary growth of
the FDB table.

Or maybe I am missing something, and VRRP with a virtual MAC address
can be implemented without forcing dynamic MAC learning? During tests
I could not force traffic towards virtual MAC to steer to another
port, although GARP was sent. Disabling port security and switching to
dynamic MAC learning immediately solved the problem.

Any help is appreciated!

Regards,
Renat.