> Terry, thank you for update.
> I will check if openstack xena or yoga uses OVS 2.17
>
> Meanwhile, my main concern - why OVS DB triggers compaction every 10-20min
> regardless of conditions, described in
> http://www.openvswitch.org/support/dist-docs/ovsdb-server.1.txt?
> For our case, with OVN DB DB size 105Mb (after first compaction), I am
> expecting to have next compaction after reaching DB size 210Mb, but not after
> 106-107Mb.

Hi, Oleksandr.

That doesn't sound right indeed.  I've never seen that behavior and
I'm not sure how that can happen.

How do you detect that DB is compacting?  Are you looking for a message
regarding a leadership transfer or, maybe, reports about time it took
to compact?  If you can provide some parts of ovsdb-server logs, that
might also be useful.

Best regards, Ilya Maximets.