On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 11:52 AM Baranin, Alexander <abara...@itkey.com>
wrote:

> > The ovn-ic route learning is for remote AZs only. It is not supposed to
learn routes from its own AZ. Did you try adding routes by yourself, and
see if it works?

> Thank you! Manually-added static routes were added by us, as well as a
missing MAC_BINDING:

> for some reason only one of the two router ports, plugged into the
transit switch, had a binding in SB.

> After the above actions, ovn-trace was printing a healthy ping packet
traversal from Port1 to Port2 and back.

> Actual ping, however, does not go through.
>
> Any tips for debugging the ping an issue?
>
> And is it an IC-controller that is responsible for MAC_BINDINGs of
transit switch's port ips inside a router datapath?

It shouldn't require MAC_Binding to be involved in your scenario, unless
you set options:dynamic_neigh_routers to true for the LRs. OVN-IC
controller doesn't populate MAC_Binding either. The entry would populate
only when there are ARP packets received.

AFAIK, this scenario is not officially tested, since transit-switch was
supposed to connect to remote LRs. Although your topology looks valid, it
is not the typical one we tested, so there could be something missing in
the implementation to make it work. Before debugging further, did you
consider other options of the topology?
Option 1. Since both LRs connect to the same TS and no isolation needed
between them, should they just be merged to the same LR?
Option 2. If for any reason the LRs need to be separate, is it better to
create an "edge" LR that connects both through an internal LS and then
connects the remote AZs through TS?
Option 3. Both LRs connects to TS directly, but use an different internal
LS to communicate within the AZ.

For the actual problem you are facing, I may need to reproduce it locally
and debug.
BTW, what's your OVN version? Did you try branch-22.09? I remembered some
minor fixes for admission control flows related to GW chassis.

Thanks,
Han

> ________________________________
AZ and transit switch

ovs-discuss@openvswitch.org> wrote:

> > Hello!
> >
> > Is the following configuration supported?
> >

> > AZ1:
> >

> > Port1 - LSwitch1 - LRouter1 - TransitSwitch1 - LRouter2 - LSwitch2 -
Port2

> > Gateway ports of LRouter1 and LRouter2 are assigned to the same chassis.
> >

> > We are currently having troubles configuring interconnect.
> >
> > - router port bindings are correctly created in IC-SB-DB.
> >
> > - no routes are inter-learned between the routers.
>
> The ovn-ic route learning is for remote AZs only. It is not supposed to
learn routes from its own AZ. Did you try adding routes by yourself, and
see if it works?

> Han
>

> > - we can't ping Port2 from Port1 and vice-versa. We are using "veth in
network namespace" method. Ping between two ports in the same LSwitch works.