Hello,

I’m running OpenStack Wallaby and using Ironic for Bare Metal provisioning.
Neutron creates External ports for bare metal instances and uses
ha_chassis_group.
Neutron normally defines a different priority for Routers LRP gateway chassis
and ha_chassis_group.

I have a router with two VLANs attached - external (used for internet
connectivity - SNAT or DNAT/Floating IP) and internal VLAN network hosting bare
metal servers (and some Geneve networks for VMs).

If an External port’s HA chassis group active chassis is different than gateway
chassis (external vlan network) active chassis - those bare metal servers have
intermittent network connectivity for any traffic going through that router.

Is that desired effect in OVN?

Best regards,
Michal Nasiadka