Hi,
The PMD has two paths which can parse the RTE_FLOW items, items, etc..
The path which is returning the error is considered legacy.
The other path is initialized depending on a firmware setting.
Since the NIC you are using is running an older version, the newer RTE_FLOW
offload path is not getting initialized.

I am trying to get the link to the appropriate FW image for you to download.
I will share it soon.

Thanks
Ajit