On 20 Oct 2023, at 2:40, Fred Licht wrote:

> Eelco,
>       So that is the challenge. The VLAN translation alone doesn’t do what I
> am asking.  We are trying to do an RSPAN, but take the result of the RSPAN
> and pipe that into this other VLAN ID, rather than a virtual or physical
> interface.  Add in that we are trying to do this all with DPDK.

I currently have no system to test this with, but I assume you need something
like this?

  ovs-vsctl del-br ovs_pvp_br0
  ovs-vsctl add-br ovs_pvp_br0 -- \
            set bridge ovs_pvp_br0 datapath_type=netdev
  ovs-vsctl add-bond ovs_pvp_br0 bond0 dpdk0 dpdk1 vlan_mode=trunk
trunks=123,1123 -- \
            set port bond0 lacp=off -- \
            set port bond0 bond_mode=active-backup -- \
            set Interface dpdk0 type=dpdk -- \
            set Interface dpdk0 options:dpdk-devargs=0000:17:00.0 -- \
            set Interface dpdk1 type=dpdk -- \
            set Interface dpdk1 options:dpdk-devargs=0000:17:00.1

  ovs-vsctl add-port ovs_pvp_br0 vhost0 vlan_mode=native-tagged tag=123 -- \
            set Interface vhost0 type=dpdkvhostuserclient -- \
            set Interface vhost0 options:vhost-server-path='/tmp/vhost-sock0'

  ovs-vsctl -- --id=@m create mirror name=m0 select-all=true select-vlan=123
output-vlan=1123 \
            -- set bridge ovs_pvp_br0 mirrors=@m

Maybe you can try this as a starting point and fine-tune if needed?

//Eelco