Hi Team,

Currently , we are using OVN in RAFT cluster mode. We have 3 NB and SB
ovsdb-servers operating in RAFT cluster mode. Currently we have 500
hypervisors connected to this RAFT cluster.

For our next deployment, our scale would increase to 3000 hypervisors. To
accommodate this scaled hypervisors, we are migrating to DB relay with
multigroup deployment model. This increase helps with OVN SB DB read
transactions. But for write transactions, only the leader in the RAFT
cluster can update the DB. This creates a load on the leader of RAFT. Is
there a way to address the load on the RAFT cluster leader?

As the scale increases, number updates coming to the ovn-controller from
OVN SB increases. that creates pressure on ovn-controller. Is there a way
to minimize the load on ovn-controller?

I wish there is a way for ovn-controller to subscribe to updates specific
to this hypervisor. Are there any known ovn-contrller subscription methods
available and being used OVS community?

How can I optimize the load on the leader node in an OVN RAFT cluster to
handle increased write transactions?

Thanks,

Srini