Dear OpenVSwitch Team,

We're reaching out to inquire about the behavior of OVN networks in a specific deployment scenario.

*Our Setup:*

 * We have Open Virtual Network (OVN) deployed within an Ovirt environment.
 * The OVN northbound (NB) database,southbound (SB) database,and other
   daemons reside on the Ovirt manager/engine,which is located outside
   the KVM hypervisors.This means they are not running on the same
   physical machines as the KVM hypervisors.

*The Issue:*

 * We have virtual machines configured to use OVN networks for their
   cluster network heartbeat.
 * In a recent incident,the network connection between the Ovirt
   manager and the KVM hypervisors was lost.It's important to note that
   the Ovirt engine itself was not connected to the heartbeat OVN
   network.Only the management connection between the engine and the
   KVM hypervisors was affected.While the KVM hypervisors should have
   remained able to communicate with each other,we observed the
   following behavior:
     o As soon as the engine network connection to the KVM host was
       disconnected,virtual machines using the OVN network began to
       panic and reboot.
     o Other VMS that does not use OVN network has no issue whatsoever.

*Our Question:*

 * In this scenario,where OVN is deployed externally to the
   hypervisors,does restarting the VM/host that houses the Ovirt engine
   and OVN lead to a loss of connection for all OVN networks on the
   hypervisors?

*Additional Context:*

 * We'd appreciate any insights or recommendations you may have to
   mitigate this behavior and ensure the stability of our OVN network
   in such situations.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Thanks

Nash Oudha