From: Matthew Percival [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 7:38 PM
To: Alfille, Paul H.,M.D.
Subject: 1-wire on Linux...

G'Day,

        I hope you do not mind me emailing you out of the blue like this, but I
was not sure where to take this question.

        I have recently been introduced to 1-wire, and now need to put a 1-wire
device onto a Linux system --- considering I am still learning what they
are, your OWFS will make this all a lot easier for me.  I just have a
simple question about kernel, however.  Obviously I will need to compile
in 1-wire support, but do I need to get a driver for the specific device
I have, or are they all so similar that the basic support is enough?

        I had assumed I would need a specific driver, but I have not found
anything about any such drivers yet.  I expected I would need to write
my own driver first, but had hoped to find an example from a similar
device to use as a guide.

        Thank you for any assistance you can provide,

        Matthew Percival