You probably have problems with the fuse permissions. If you are
using a new fuse-version there is a mount-flag called allow_other
that you should try if other users than root should be able to access
the directory.

owfs --fuse_opt="allow_other" -d /dev/ttyS0 /var/1wire/
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /var]# ls -l /var | grep 1wire
drwxr-xr-x   3 root root     1 Jul  8 07:53 1wire

owfs -d /dev/ttyS0 /var/1wire/
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /var]# ls -l /var | grep 1wire
?---------   ? ?    ?        ?            ? 1wire

[EMAIL PROTECTED] example]# /usr/src/1wire/fuse/example/hello -h
usage: /usr/src/1wire/fuse/example/.libs/lt-hello mountpoint [FUSE
options]

FUSE options:
    -d                     enable debug output (implies -f)
    -f                     foreground operation
    -s                     disable multithreaded operation
    -r                     mount read only (equivalent to '-o ro')
    -o opt,[opt...]        mount options
    -h                     print help

Mount options:
    default_permissions    enable permission checking
    allow_other            allow access to other users
    allow_root             allow access to root
    kernel_cache           cache files in kernel
    large_read             issue large read requests (2.4 only)
    direct_io              use direct I/O
    max_read=N             set maximum size of read requests
    hard_remove            immediate removal (don't hide files)
    debug                  enable debug output
    fsname=NAME            set filesystem name in mtab
    use_ino                let filesystem set inode numbers
    readdir_ino            try to fill in d_ino in readdir

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 22:40 -0400, Paul Alfille wrote:
> On Thursday 07 July 2005 12:59 pm, you wrote:
> > I have installed CVS (I think so, owfs -V is still 2.1p)
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/# /opt/owfs/bin/owhttpd -V
> > /opt/owfs/bin/owhttpd version:
> >         2.1p0RC
> > libow version:
> >         2.1p0RC
> >

> > And now I can not access /mnt/1wire (my mount directory) :((
> >
> > If I run owfshttp I can see whole 1 wire network with out any problems so
> > far)
> >
> > what is wrong with owfs and mounting? In mc 1wire directory goes RED
> > "?1wire" and I can not access it - until i umount /mnt/1wire)
> >
> > Please help me.
> We'll help, but I'm posting this to the developer's list for a larger
> audience.
>
> --Paul

Christian Magnusson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>