From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Peter Kropf
Sent: Sat 1/13/2007 3:12 AM
To: owfs-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Owfs-developers] Temperature Sensor Rate of Change

Hi -

I'm looking to monitor the heat generated by some pyrotechnics on
stage at a performance of Romeo & Juliet. There was a slight problem
on opening night where the fire sprinkler over center stage went off.
Too much heat generated from one of the fire effects.

I was thinking of trying to use some DS18S20 sensors to monitor the
temperature above the various fire effects. The sensors would be
mounted to the ceiling above the various fire sources. The DS18S20
looks to have a range that'll support our needs, -55°C to +125°C.
Since the sprinklers trigger at around +82°C that should work fine.
But I'm concerned about being able to monitor temperature changes fast
enough to provide accurate monitoring. The two aspects of that are how
fast / often can I realistically expect to read the temperatures on a
string of 5 to 7 sensors and how fast do the sensors themselves react
to changes in temperature.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!

- Peter

P.S. For anyone interested who would be using fire to tell the story
of Romeo & Juliet, see http://thecrucible.org/ballet/index.html for
details.

THE INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN THIS ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION IS INTENDED ONLY
FOR THE PERSON OR ENTITY TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL
AND/OR PRIVILEGED MATERIAL.  ANY REVIEW, RETRANSMISSION, DISSEMINATION OR OTHER
USE OF OR TAKING OF ANY ACTION IN RELIANCE UPON, THIS INFORMATION BY PERSONS OR
ENTITIES OTHER THAN THE INTENDED RECIPIENT IS PROHIBITED.  IF YOU RECEIVED THIS
INFORMATION IN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER AND THE PRIVACY OFFICER, AND
PROPERLY DISPOSE OF THIS INFORMATION.

<<winmail.dat>>