I can't test a DS2409 until next week.

You know the VDD (on the DS18S20) should be powered, or grounded, not
allowed to float free.

I wonder if there isn't a problem with power for conversion using a DS2409
hub. It will take some experimentation.

Paul Alfille

On 2/6/07, Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

First thing is... I am using owfs 2.6p1 in linux. I have a
ds9097u-adaptor and built myself a small hub based on three ds2409. It
works well and I can connect an LCD and it just works. And now the
problem: When I connect a ds18s20 to the hub it always reads 85°C :(
But it works great when I connect them to the main 1-wire line.

Next thing... I have a "stable" configuration on another computer for
temperature observation. I am using owfs 2.5p8 there, with a
ds9097-adaptor and some ds18s20-sensors. This is based on my first
1wire-experiments and the manual said I wouldn't need the VDD-Pin on the
Sensors, so they aren't connected with GND. I tried this with 2.6p1 and
the ds9097u-adaptor, but I always get 85-readings. I know they aren't
connected right but it also worked... so what's the problem now?

And a small question... how do I enable that overdrive-mode?