Hi folks,

I'm currently building a microcontroller-based device which has a 1-wire
bus and ethernet. This is intended to be a self-contained device for
home automation or industrial control and will query 1-wire devices
attached to it to gather temperature data and suchlike. Internally I use
a DS2812-100 for my bus master.

I really would like to write an owfs driver for the device so that its
1-wire attached devices can also be queried by owfs. The problem I have
is as the bus needs to be shared between the controller's internal code
and owfs, so I need to implement some sort of bus locking. It appears
that owfs cannot do that - it has internal locking but can't seem to
tell an external bus master to be locked.

I looked at the source for the HA7NET controller and it seems to have a
little code in there for locking, but that just releases a lock if it's
acquired - and never tries to claim a lock.

Can I do what I want without major owfs surgery?

Thanks,
Chris