On 23 Mar 2011, at 02:50, Eloy Paris wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> On 03/21/2011 08:46 AM, Chris Boot wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Well I'm progressing well with my 1-Wire bus master over IP. I don't
>> have the bus locking in place yet but the code is in for owfs to use the
>> bus master and things work.
>
> Perhaps I am missing the obvious, or you're talking about something
> entirely different, but would it not be possible to use the ser2net/RFC
> 2217 support that Paul added to owlib in December 2010/January 2011 for
> what you are trying to do?

Eloy,

I'm using an I2C master (DS2482) in a home automation controller, and just
wanted to expose it to owfs as an added extra. RFC2217 doesn't help me as my
1-wire master isn't serial as such - my controller doesn't even have telnet at
all at the moment.

My protocol takes the EtherWeather protocol and changes it around, so if I need
to make protocol adjustments to better deal with the DS2409 now would be a
great time to do it.

Thanks,
Chris

--