Am 27.09.2013 10:04, schrieb Mick Sulley:

> My network has a HobbyBoards 6 port hub and I have never got it to work
> through that, don't know why.

simultaneous/temperature and simultaneous/voltage use the "Skip ROM"
command which addresses all chips on a bus segment simultaenously. After
that, a command code "Convert T" or "Convert V" ist sent, which is
ignored by all chips on the bus besides the temperature sensors /
DS2450. That's how it's works.

When you use a DS2409 driven hub, the important caveat is owfs is
disabling all main/aux branch branches before doing any transaction. So
if you use the /simultaneous directory, the command will only be sent to
the chips *before* the first DS2409.

However, there is a way to use simultaneous with the hubs, too. There is
a main/simultaneous and an aux/simultaneous directory in any DS2409
node. When you use that, the "Skip ROM" command is sent for that path only.

Kind regards

        Jan