Am 05.12.2013 01:30, schrieb Top-Dog:
> Hi Jan,
>
> I have these entries in the directory /etc/modprobe.d/:
> blacklist ds2490
> blacklist ds2490r

Good.

> What do you mean by 'one' owlib instance? Do you mean that every time I call
> ow.init('u') in python I create a new instance even if I exit python an
> restart it (plus use ow.finish())?

No. You have two instances running on the same USB interface if you are
using both owfs -u and ow.init('u') at the same time. As this is all
accessed through libusb, "concurrent" access to the same hardware is
possible, but each owlib instance doesn't know about the other. This
leads to hardly debugable behaviour, including locking each other out
and irritating the onewire host interface.

> Also, I've just started looking into owserver and owhttpd what differences
> do these two packages with each other and owfs?

Owserver is a n-to-m network forwarder. You can start owserver to
control one or more actual hardware interfaces on the computer owserver
is running on and advise other owfs-enabled software - such as the
various language bindings and owfs itself - to control the onewire
through the owserver.

As owserver is a component of the owfs universe, it allows stable
concurrent access from multiple clients to the same onewire hardware.

owhttpd is just another client like owfs with allows to work with
onewire nodes with a web browser.

Kind regards

        Jan