From: Loren Amelang
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 7:59 PM
To: owfs-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Owfs-developers] Config owfs to use server?

I'm still trying to understand whether I have a possible conflict with both
owfs and server trying to read my hardware. Something was updating the
filesystem while server and httpd were not running...  My config is part of
the default Ubuntu distribution for 14.04, with just the "w1" added to point
to my hardware.

I notice in Roland's config he has set
server: usb
like I have set
server: w1
but he also sets
owfs: server = 127.0.0.1:4304
and I have no equivalent line.

I don't even see an "owfs" process running:
---
root      1151  0.0  0.1  20036   836 ?        Ssl  Oct19   1:56
/usr/bin/owftpd -c /etc/owfs.conf --pid-file /var/run/owfs/owftpd.pid
root     13064  0.0  0.1  11828  1000 ?        Ss   Oct26   0:00
/usr/bin/owhttpd -c /etc/owfs.conf --pid-file /var/run/owfs/owhttpd.pid
root     13605  0.0  0.2  53804  1168 ?        Ssl  Oct26   0:00
/usr/bin/owserver -c /etc/owfs.conf --pid-file /var/run/owfs/owserver.pid
---
It seems "owfs" can be used without the ftp/http/server modules, so it must
exist on its own somehow. But where?

Should I add that "owfs: server = 127.0.0.1:4304" line to my config? Or does
! server: server = localhost:4304
do the same thing, since it supposedly applies to everything except server?

What about "owfs: pid_file = /var/run/owfs.pid"? I don't have an owfs.pid
file on my system...  Just the ftpd/httpd/server pid files.

I see many configs with lines like "owfs: mountpoint = /mnt/1wire". I don't
understand why one would mount at /mnt/1wire when everything is already
visible at /sys/devices/.

Maybe the default Ubuntu install has done some of this for me, in some file
I haven't found yet? I tend to assume that whoever made the official Ubuntu
distribution knows much more than I do. But I do get occasional bad reads
and bogus temperature values, and as I said, the filesystem was getting
updated even while server was stopped.

Loren

| Loren Amelang | lo...@pacific.net |