Am 05.03.2015 um 00:59 schrieb Mick Sulley:
> Volt drop on some of the cable runs.  Just thought if I started with a
> higher voltage there would be more left at the end:)

Before voltage drop on the 1W line gets a problem, you have a problem on
the GND line.

That is because when you have 1V drop there, you have the same 1V drop
on the GND line (given they have both the same wire gauge), and when
that happens, the host cannot communicate with the far end slave because
the slave isn't able to pull the GND line to 0V. Instead, it pulls to 1V
as seen by the host, which isn't sufficient.

I strongly recommend to use a thick-gauge GND wire instead of playing
with the supply voltage.

Kind regards

        Jan