Hi Gregg

Well, as mentioned already, it was failure on my part to set up the OS
(Raspian)
through raspi-config correctly.

Here is my recommendation:

OWFS and the Raspberry PI belong together very well I think.
So having good build instructions for newbies is very desirable.

The best instructions I have found over a Month of googling is this one:

https://www.abelectronics.co.uk/owfs-and-compi/info.aspx

There is just a comment needed that Perl is required to work perfectly !

Or I would even recommend writing theses very few instructions from the
above
link on your official website of OWFS...

Thanks for bearing with me guys.

Now waiting for some rough weather for my 1 wire weather station ! :-)

Message: 4