Exactly, what Colin says. Nobody would do this intentionally, Matthias.

A few weeks ago there was a power outage during a bad thunderstorm and for
whatever reason one of my three ATmega-based 1-Wire slaves didn't come back up
and that caused the entire bus (about 15 devices) to go down. I thought a
lightning had fried one or more devices but I went device by device until I
found it was just this ATmega-based slave. I just cycled power to it and that
fixed the problem so I guess the ATmega entered some strange state after power
came back.

This was the first time that this happened in 2 or 3 years that I have been
using these ATmega-based slaves so it is not common, but it'd be nice if a
malfunctioning ATmega-based slave didn't bring down the entire bus. (And of
course, this had never happened but it happened when I was away for a long
weekend when I wasn't around to look into it right away.)

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-